Specialist Disability Housing and Disability Services in Ipswich
December 4, 2023
Are you thinking about whether Specialist Disability Housing could be the right move for you? In this blog, we’ll explore exactly what SDA is, who it is suitable for, and Aspire Hub’s available SDA options in Ipswich.
What is Specialist Disability Housing?
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is a type of NDIS housing specifically designed and built to support individuals with extreme functional impairments or very high support needs.
SDA is not just accommodation; it includes features and design elements that cater to the unique requirements of your specific disability. This can include modifications such as ramps, widened doorways, specialised bathroom facilities, and other accessibility features.
These modifications to the home environment are designed to help you move around your home comfortably, improving your access and safety while supporting you to increase your independence.
For example, grab rails in the shower can assist you with the completion of showering tasks, reduce the amount of physical support required from another person, and reduce the risk of falls and injury.
What makes Specialist Disability Housing different?
SDA offers a range of unique benefits! Here are some of the things that SDA can assist you with:
- Tailored accessibility: SDA properties are equipped with personalised accessibility features, including ramps, widened doorways and modified bathrooms, enhancing mobility and independence for a safe and comfortable living environment.
- Specialised equipment: SDA often provides specialised equipment and assistive technologies, such as hoists, wheelchair-friendly spaces and smart home devices, empowering you to have greater autonomy in daily living.
- Flexibility and adaptability: SDA is designed with flexibility, catering to individuals with varying types of disability. The accommodation can evolve over time to meet changing needs or as new and helpful technologies are developed, providing long-term suitability.
- Integrated support services: SDA often integrates onsite or nearby support services, including access to care providers, healthcare professionals, and support workers. At Aspire Hub, our participants are supported every step of the way, with immediate access to necessary disability services and support for your security and wellbeing!
Aspire Hub SDA properties available in Ipswich
We have a range of modern and conveniently located SDA vacancies available in Ipswich today. You can view our Ipswich vacancies here.
As you consider Ipswich for your new SDA home, here are 4-5 accessible things to see and do in the neighbourhood:
- Queens Park: Immerse yourself in the beauty of Queens Park, featuring accessible pathways and serene spots for relaxation.
- Ipswich Art Gallery: Explore the rich cultural scene at Ipswich Art Gallery, designed to offer an inclusive and enjoyable experience for all visitors.
- Riverlink Shopping Centre: Enjoy a day of shopping and dining at the accessible Riverlink Shopping Centre.
- Bob Gamble Park: Discover the outdoors at Bob Gamble Park. This park features water play equipment and a football field-sized ‘Discovery Forest’ to explore, as well as a boardwalk where you can take a stroll enjoy views of the Bremer River.
- Workshops Rail Museum: Uncover the history of rail travel at the Workshops Rail Museum, offering accessible exhibits and engaging displays.
A trusted NDIS Accommodation provider
As a leading provider of NDIS-supported accommodation and disability services, we have a growing list of quality vacancies across South East Queensland and in Perth, Western Australia.
Our homes are safe and inviting places, where you can be yourself and receive the right support from our team, to achieve your goals.